How To Use SCP Roof Drain Sump Pan
SCP roof drain sump pan, an industry first design by Custom Roof Drain Pans Co., is one of our most versatile products in our sump pan series. It is specifically engineered to "sump" or lower bottom and side outlet combination roof drain in a variety of configurations!
Here are the unique features that set it apart from any other drain pan on the market...
- It sumps the roof drain 2″ below the roof deck and prevents standing rainwater
- Fast and EASY installation – 10 to 15 minutes. NO MORE WOOD BOXES!
- Easily adaptable to field conditions with various installation configurations
- Uses different roof drain brands – choose your favorite manufacturer
- Perfectly adapted for retrofit applications or new construction
See Which Roof Drain Configuration Works Best On Your Project...
1) Bottom outlet configuration - 16" and 24" joists
- In this configuration, the roof drain piping is vertical and will clear the joists allowing pipe runs in any direction through the attic space.
- This is the most common type of installation.
- Unlimited pipe run options
- SCP roof drain sump pan details
- Frank Pattern 850-N roof drain details
- Jay R. Smith 148 roof drain detail
2) Side outlet roof drain configurations for joists that are 16" on center minimum
This section applies when you have limited space between the roof and ceiling and need to use a side outlet roof drain. The side outlet roof drain incorporates the 90 degree bend into the drain body, thereby requiring less vertical installation space.
please click on the images for more info
3) Side outlet roof drain configurations for joists that are 24" on center minimum
This configuration can also be used when installation space is minimum. With the joists at 24" minimum spacing, you have ample space to configure your pipe runs in almost any direction. This versatility becomes useful when you need to maneuver around objects such as electrical fixtures, conduit, mechanical ducting etc. in the joist bay.
Here a few features and benefits for these products:
PLUMBING CODE COMPLIANCE:
Model SCP roof drain pan is a truly unique design as there was NO sump pan available for the small 8-1/2″ double roof drain until it’s development by Roof Drain Pans Co.
- It very effectively eliminates the need for the installer to build labor intensive wood sump boxes while on the jobsite.
- Prior to the sump pan design, wood boxes were the main existing technology for sumping roof drains and for the most part, still are. It also accepts several roof drain brands so you have added product selection.
- Having a prefabricated metal sump pan on the jobsite dramatically increases production while decreasing labor costs for a contractor, builder or architect.
PLUMBING CODE COMPLIANCE:
Need A Large Order?
- 10, 20, 30 pieces or more? (any size order).
- Call for a quantity discount quote
- IN STOCK & READY TO SHIP
- Questions? Call us
- (949) 297-8689
We Have Excellent Tech Support Staff Ready To Answer Your Questions
- Send us your specs/plans/drawings
- Coming soon…our consultation service will be able to help design your roof drainage system
- Browse our website for some technical info.
- Call and speak to our trained techs.
- (949) 297-8689. M – F, 8 am to 5 pm, PST Calif USA.
Get 100% American Tech Support
Custom Roof Drain Pans Co. is dedicated to making sure that you get the correct products for your project. Don’t hesitate to call us for help