HOW DO I GO ABOUT BUYING THE RIGHT PRODUCTS?
STEP 1…How far apart are my joists?
- Measure the distance between your roof joists.
- For joists that are 16″ on center you must 14″ of clear space between them.
- For joists that are 24″ on center you must 22″ of clear space between them.
STEP 2…Which roof drain sump pan should I use?
- If you have 16″ you will be using either model SSP or SCP roof drain pan
- If you have 24″ on center, you will be using models LSP or LCP.
- If you have a concrete or metal roof, you probably have joists much further apart than 24″. In this case you can use any of the sump pans however model LSP and LCP work best.
- Knowing which sump pan you need will also determine which basic roof drain to use.
- You still need to determine whether you need a side or bottom outlet roof drain and what size pipe outlet.
- Continue to step 3 …
step 3…Bottom or side outlet roof drains?
- THIS STEP IS IMPORTANT… Determine how much space you have between your roof and ceiling as it determines whether you need a bottom or side outlet roof drain.
- If you have at least 13 inches or so, you can use a bottom outlet roof drain.
- If you have only 8 inches or so, you will need a side outlet roof drain
- Review this link SPACE REQUIREMENTS
- Take into consideration existing pipe runs. If you have existing horizontal piping that is 10″ from the roof, (as an example) use a side outlet roof drain or you will have to rehang the piping lower to accommodate the roof drain.
- Still can’t figure it out? Call us and send pictures
step 4…Roof drain pipe sizes
- OK, you decided on the roof drain direction. Well done!
- Model SSP and SCP roof drains max out at 4 inches pipe size with a no-hub connection. See the spec sheet below.
- Model LSP and LCP max out at 8 inch pipe size. The side outlet roof drains are all threaded. See the spec sheet.
- Currently only the Zurn brand roof drain fit the pans. Soon we will be including all other roof drain brands.
- FRANK PATTERN ROOF DRAINS SPEC SHEET
- ZURN ROOF DRAINS SPEC SHEET
- Check out our installation videos on our You Tube channel. https://www.youtube.com/user/ROOFDRAINPANS
CAN I BUY THE SUMP PAN WITHOUT THE ROOF DRAIN?
Yes. In many cases the roof drains are available in your locality, thereby saving you potentially hundreds on product and shipping costs. The sump pans are available on the shop cart.
Other customers however want a one-stop shopping experience. For this reason we have bundled the roof drains and sump pans into one convenient package.
What’s your return policy?
25% restock fee. Customer pays for shipping.
Ready to buy?
Click here to go to the shopping cart and take advantage of the various discounts. These may cover your shipping costs! Have questions? Call 888 900 -9145 oe e-mail us.