Welcome to our roof drain installation instructions page!
For quick access, we've assembled roof drain installation instruction documents for the most commonly used roof drains and accessories. These documents include submittals, sketches, PDF's and product images for many of the major roof drain manufacturers in North America. And more coming...
Table of Contents
Zurn Roof Drain Installation Instructions
Here are the Zurn brand roof drain installation instructions and spec sheets for the most commonly used residential and commercial roof drains. The cut sheets shown include the accessories that make a complete installation and are recommended by the manufacturer.
- This includes:
- a sump receiver and underdeck clamp (as a unit),
- a top set deck plate which does not require an underdeck clamp, or
A custom prefabricated roof drain sump pan that automatically lowers the roof drain is available on this site. This however is manufactured by Custom Roof Drain pans Co. and is not produced by, nor recommended by the Smith Co.
Click on the image to view and download the roof drain installation instructions in pdf format.
ALL OF THESE PRODUCTS CAN BE PURCHASED ON THE SHOPPING CART
Zurn Primary Roof Drains
SUFFIX: Zurn roof drain accessories: DP = deck plate, CID = cast iron dome, C = underdeck clamp, R = sump receiver, -89 = overflow roof drain, -90 = side outlet,
Zurn Z100 - DP
15  DIAMETER MAIN ROOF DRAIN W/ TOP-SET DECK PLATE
Zurn Roof Drain and Overflow
Z 164 - DP
12  DIAMETER COMBINATION MAIN ROOF AND OVERFLOW DRAIN WITH LOW SILHOUETTE DOMES AND DOUBLE TOP-SET® DECK PLATE
Jay R. Smith roof drain installation Instructions
- Here are the Jay R. Smith roof drain installation instructions for the most commonly used commercial roof drains for this brand.
- They are sold in roof drains kits and are offered for sale on this website form for simple ordering.
- Here are links to spec sheets for each product. These are in pdf format and ready for download.
- The Jay R. Smith Co does not make a roof drain sump pan that lowers the roof drain 2″ or more, however these are available on the shopping cart on this site.
- Here is the link to the Jay R. Smith website for any items you did not find here. Jay R. Smith
Jay R. Smith primary roof drains
1010 & 1020
1310 & 1320
Jay R. Smith roof drain and overflow
Frank Pattern Roof Drains, Overflow and Sump Pans
Josam Roof Drains
- Here are the Josam roof drain installation instructions for their most commonly used commercial and light duty roof drains..
- Some of the roof drains have a roof drain sump pan available in lieu of the sump receiver or deck plate
- Please click on the images to get the roof drain installation detail
Josam Primary Roof Drains
Josam does not have a picture of a sump pan. It is shown on the 21500 roof drain detail
Josam Roof Drain and Overflow
More roof drain installation instructions and manufacturers will be coming soon
We’re always interested in improving this page. Please let us know if you have any suggestions for us.
We Have Great Tech Support
- Send us your specs/plans/drawings. We’re plumbing contractors and may be able to assist.
- Visit our installation page, blog or FAQ pages.
- Call and speak to our trained techs.
- Review our videos on our YouTube channel.
- available from 8:00 am – 5:00 pm PST, USA
- 949 297-8689….