Welcome to our roof drain installation instructions page!
Roof Drain Pans Co wants to help make your project a big success.
To that end, this page is arranged to provide you with the basic roof drain installation instructions that you will need and select the correct materials for a successful project;
- Horizontal space required
- Vertical space required with roof drain and sump pan spec sheets, drawings and photos.
- Select your products
- Downloadable spec sheets
- YouTube videos showing installation procedure and projects
- FREE access to tech support, both via e-mail and by phone
Roof Drain Installation Instructions
STEP 1: MEASURE THE DISTANCE BETWEEN YOUR ROOF JOISTS
For joists that are 16″ on center you must have 14″ of clear space between them.
For joists that are 24″ on center you must have 22″ of clear space between them.
If you have a concrete or metal roof, you probably have joists much further apart.
STEP 2: MEASURE THE VERTICAL DISTANCE BETWEEN YOUR ROOF AND CEILING
If you have at least 13″ of space or more, use a bottom outlet roof drain.
If you have a maximum of 8″ or 10″, use a side outlet roof drain.
If you do not have access to this space, you will either have to create an opening or use your best guess.
REVIEW THE SKETCHES BELOW
Click the images to VIEW & download
STEP 3: SELECT YOUR PRODUCTS
- Based on the information in step 2, select the roof drain pan and drain that go together:
If your joists are 16″ on center:
- Use the Frank Pattern single (SSP) or double (SCP) roof drain pans.
If your joists are 24″ on center:
- use the Zurn Z100 single or double roof drain kits
4) Roof Drain Spec Sheets
5) Roof Drain Installation Videos
How To Install model SSP roof drain sump pan
This is a 10 minute install vs. one hour for a wood sump box.
How To Install model LCP roof drain sump pan
Sump your 15″ roof drains in minutes, not hours and increase your jobsite production.
We Have Great Tech Support
- Send us your specs/plans/drawings. We’re plumbing contractors and may be able to assist.
- Visit our installation page, blog or FAQ pages.
- Call and speak to our trained techs.
- Review our videos on our YouTube channel.
- available from 8:00 am – 5:00 pm PST, USA
- 949 297-8689….Toll free (888) 900-9145